Environment & safety
We are continually striving to reduce the environmental impact of our business. In our efforts to achieve this we would like to mention the following areas:
- We have exchanged our oil heating for a ground pump which also provides cooling to the ventilation system.
- We sort our waste into different fractions and strive to reduce the waste we produce.
- As far as possible we use dry cleaning methods to reduce the use of chemicals.
- Detergents used in the business are labelled as environmentally friendly.
- We strive for a higher proportion of ecologically produced foodstuffs and the use of seasonal ingredients.
- We direct procurement to fewer suppliers to reduce the number of deliveries.
- We strive to reduce wastage and thus improve use of resources.
- We strive to reduce our water consumption through e.g. water-saving showers.
- We only serve ecological coffee and milk.
It is important for us to be able to provide our guests with a safe and secure environment. That is why safety is a matter of priority at our site. Some examples of how we work with these questions:
- Our workforce is well-trained in various safety matters such as fire, evacuation and first aid.
- First aid equipment is placed around the site and we have a defibrillator in the main building.
- Each bedroom and all common areas have an automatic fire alarm connected directly to the fire services.
- The site is manned with a night host in order to give both service and assistance with security issues.