We are continually striving to improve our environmental work and reduce the environmental impact of our business.
We make climate analysis every year and calculate the foot print of our business measured in carbon dioxide. We decreased it from about 60 tons in 2012 to about 30 tons in 2013 (external laundry included).
We compensate for areas that can not be changed in short term. The compensation is done by planting trees in Malawi (through Plan Vivo). Besides climate benefits this compensation also contribute socially to the small farmers who live in the area.
In our efforts to achieve this we would like to mention some areas:
- We have exchanged our oil heating for a ground pump which also provides cooling to the ventilation system.
- We sort our waste into different fractions and strive to reduce the waste we produce.
- As far as possible we use dry cleaning methods to reduce the use of chemicals.
- Detergents used in the business are labelled as environmentally friendly.
- We strive for a higher proportion of ecologically produced foodstuffs and the use of seasonal ingredients.
- We only serve ecological coffee and milk.
- In our restaurant we serve our own still and sparkling water – in bottles made of recycled glass.
- We have our own beehive down at the lake. It makes it possible to serve our guests our own local honey and at the same time we contribute to increased biological diversity.
- Our car at the facility is an electric car that is charged with “green electricity” (from renewable sources such as wind and hydropower).